Monday, July 9, 2012

Mindless Zombies...

Been going through tough challenges these past couple of weeks. But Grace brought me back to perspective and hopefully now that things are slowly progressing I can be more productive in terms of adding more info to the blog about my hobby that is currently making me sick to my stomach. WHY? Hobbies are meant to be fun right? Well it used to be. Now, it's just mundane & downright LAME! But at the same time, it strengthen and broadens my personal interest in sneakers. I am no longer a slave to a brand. I am no longer bound to release dates. I don't really care about the history  behind the shoes. I don't care how high my verticals are, I really don't care how much calories I burned on my recent runs, nor do I care to compete with others through Social Media. I don't need a GPS in my watch, my brain can tell me where to go. I don't want people to 'Like' my workouts and I sure as heck am not going to buy a gimmick to tell me that I just earned meaningless 'points'. Life is too damn short for me to act like somebody that I am not.  I care about what I care about, my love for colors, for art, for comics, for pop-culture, music, movies and most importantly my faith and my family. I am not saying that I am going to stop buying sneakers, heck I still love to be That Dude with the sneakers, but as part of being a man and a grown up, I no longer WANT everything and be dictated on my purchase. I earned my money and I want sneakers that I can obtain with ease and of the highest quality possible. I am not a mindless Zombie.



1 comment: